- Saint Augustine Youth Services provides 24 hour a day residential group home living and therapeutic care for boys ages 6-17 with mental health diagnosis due to abuse and /or neglect.
- They have education counselors on site, who educate and train the youth on how to obtain an employment, filling out applications, develop their social and entrepreneurial skills.
- In 2017, Says served 799 youth through residential and outpatient programs with a capacity of 40 people with the 4th house being built.
- Anne Farnell is again working with them as liaison. She is a busy lady as she also coordinates the Angel Tree effort.
Betty Griffin Center
- The Betty Griffin Center was founded in 1990 by concerned citizens and incorporated as the Safety Shelter of St. Johns County to develop plans to provide shelter for local victims of domestic violence and their children.
- Today, Betty Griffin Center shelters more than 560 victims of domestic and sexual abuse annually, operates a 24-hour help line, provides professional counseling for victims of domestic and sexual abuse.
- Also provides age-appropriate violence prevention training and operates two thrift stores at Julington Square and Anastasia Square to assist in funding the agency’s ongoing operations.
- Our club is instrumental in assisting them with the sexual assault clinic at Flagler Hospital.
- Last year, they used the money the MCWA raised for them to offer the victims 30 recovery bags and provide them with clothes, shoes and other personal hygiene items.
- Betty Laubach is their liaison again this year.
- She is always willing to set up tours for small groups of women so do reach out to her if you are interested in going.
Food 4 kids
- Food 4 Kids provides backpacks of food for up to 250 underprivileged students and their siblings at week-ends or other times when free or subsidized meals are not available to them.
- The targeted school is South Woods Elementary School, Hastings. The program is run by volunteers from various church or other organizations. The number of children affected by hunger increases as our population grows.
- Our liaison again this year is Adrienne Lyons.
Emergency Services and Homeless Coalition of St Johns County (ESHC)
- ESHC is a non-profit organization that provides permanent and interim housing to homeless families and their minor children, who have encountered difficult time and are in crisis. They currently have 18 single family located on a 5 acres campus in West Augustine. ESHC provides families with the supportive wrap around services they need to help them become self-sufficient and move into Permanent housing. Karen Karjala is the liaison from our club.
Good Samaritan Health Center
- Provides free health screenings, medical and dental services to St Johns County residents who are medically uninsured and unable to afford healthcare and to the working poor. In 2017, the medical clinics provided 2 020 patients visits and help patients access free medications valued at $369 790. Donations from MCWA helped the association cover positions for Medical, data and dental coordinators. Marilyn Kerr is serving as our liaison.
- The Council On Aging’s mission (COA) is to help the older residents of St. Johns County to stay safe and healthy in their own homes for as long as possible.
- COA offers a large array of programs and services to support independence for seniors and partners with other organizations including law enforcement, civic groups, the faith-based community, and local businesses.
- They have specifically requested funds to be spent for a new mobility aid that will allow safer transfers while in the van used to transport individuals to doctor appointments, etc. You may learn more about their activities, you can go on their website: www.coasjc.org